SC - special needs

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Mon Apr 23 07:25:07 PDT 2001

I have a friend that's getting into her 50's now. She went blind about 13
yrs, I knew her then as a wild and crazy Square dancer, all the super
advanced stuf, and part of the demo team i belonged to. This many years
later she still dances, and the local group refers to her as the reason one
*must* learn the rules of how many steps then turn, or turn then step. She
keeps her hand out for guidance, and we chatter with her at open public
Square dances, and demos. Newbies are amazed, and some time forget the hand
holds. At the local club group she has had her dog on the practice floor and
he's quite a hoot to watch dance. He [ the DOG] even corrected her once that
* I * saw. I've also seen a demo by a group called Square wheelers up in
Mass. they do it in Wheel chairs !
Ru