SC - "pan-pudding"

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 13:51:37 PDT 2001

- --- "E. Rain" <raghead at liripipe.com> wrote:
> Good morning,
> All of my late English sources are out on loan, so
> perhaps someone here can
> find this info easily:  what in 17th c. English
> parlance is a pan-pudding?
> it's used as part of a definition in Florio (17th c.
> Italian-English
> dictionary) and I'd like to know what he meant by
> it...

Falter's foodservice company produces a Liver Pan
Pudding which is, as near as I can tell, very similar
to a daube, or head cheese.

Another reference I have for "pan pudding" is a sweet
dish very much like an early corn bread recipe, and
can be found at www.friske.com.  I doubt this is the
one in question, but it may have been derived from it.

If you could list your reference's context, it would
be easier to find a match.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."