SC - Egg source question

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Tue Apr 24 06:49:48 PDT 2001

>> "pickled quail eggs".
> Since it sounds like someone else bought these rather than you

Correct.  My love of unusual foods is well known to my shire-mates.

> Any idea which store these were bought at? Were they in a can or a
> jar?

I can't speak for the first jar, but when I went foraging later in the
week, we found jars 2, 3, 4, and 5 at the Food Tiger in Poplarville.

They also sold pickled chicken eggs, not only in the small jar, but in
gallon jars.  Later this week, I'll snap a picture of the jar and post
a link for you.

Their texture was much firmer than boiled chicken eggs, but I can't
say if it's a property of the quail egg or the pickling process.  From
the label (and my tongue) I would guess that the pickling solution
wasn't much more than vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, and chopped
tobasco peppers.

I think my pickling swill will come out more cameline-y, but I will
definitely check the files in the Florilegium.