SC - "pan-pudding"

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:07:02 PDT 2001

- --- "E. Rain" <raghead at liripipe.com> wrote:
> For those interested, here's the Florio definition
> of Soffrito as given me
> over the phone:
> Fried in a pan, broiled, a kind of pan pudding, a
> kind of sauce or mince
> meat

Actually, this sounds just like the modern soffritto
we have been suggesting, if you think about it. Fried
in a pan, minced meat (vegetables), a kind of sauce
(the vegetables can be used alone as a sauce).

I could be wrong, though.  Doesn't Chaucer mention
soffritto in one of his works?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."