SC - RE. OOP Question for the Australians

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Tue Apr 24 14:32:09 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>So, what is a "pie floater?" <g>

You are *so* going to regret asking that.

A pie floater is a bowl of pea soup with a meat pie floating in it,
probably with tomato sauce (i.e. ketchup) on top.  It's eaten as a
convenience food in South Australia particularly.

Now, when you hear "meat pie" there don't get any outrageous ideas about
it being real meat.  We're talking nasty cheap glutinous gravy with
minced gristle in it, all wrapped in fairly nondescript pastry.

K.

- --
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
"If we're going to have eight women in latex klein jumpsuits then I want
them at my place." -- Skud (from the Netizen quotes file)