SC - funny recipe

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:10:47 PDT 2001

Hi all.  Yesterday (I think or maybe Monday) I said I had bought the little
Williamsburg cookbook and as I was reading through it last eve I ran across
this recipe;

    Potato Pies

Potatoes (sweet) well cooked, boiled or baked.  When cold, slice them about
one fourth of an inch thick.  A layer of potatoes placed on the pastry in
the pan.  Then a layer of sugar, finely beaten allspice sprinkled over it.
Considerable butter over this if desired to be rich.  According to taste.
Then potatoes, allspice, sugar and butter again and keep alternating thus
until pie is of desired thickness, then fill the plate with white wine,
cover the whole with pastery, cook it well and send me a piece.  Eat hot.
For Mrs. Cote, with Mrs. Peyton's compliments.

Charming...funny but charming.  And it sound pretty good too.  Think I'll
have to try this one!
Olwen