SC - In need of a documented Rant on "highly spided spoiled food "

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Apr 27 04:52:30 PDT 2001

- --------------B5ED999BE35F550707D019AF

Yeah...I'd like that as well.  I was horrified to read this same thing in a
discussion of the spice routes, etc. in a recent issue of the usually wonderful
magazine, Piecework.  I would like to write them and refute that statement.

Thanks!

Kiri

Jim Revells wrote:

> Hej!
>     I am on another reenactment groups list as well as the several SCAdian
> ones.  Recently the discussion turned to food & someone sang the tired old
> song about using spices to hide the flavor of spoiled meat.  I need some
> documentation to back me up.  Does any one have a good caned rant on the
> subject that sites period sources?
> Hej!
> Olaf

- --------------B5ED999BE35F550707D019AF

Yeah...I'd like that as well.  I was horrified to read this same thing
in a discussion of the spice routes, etc. in a recent issue of the usually
wonderful magazine, <i>Piecework.</i>  I would like to write them
and refute that statement.
as the several SCAdian
the tired old
need some