SC - American sugar consumption

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 27 13:52:50 PDT 2001

Thanks for all of this, I am currently searching (and have 40 pages of
research compiled) the question "What is sugar?" for our upcoming
discussions on our Product Policy of the Health Food Cooperative I work for
and have just been re-elected to the Board of.  I will add these stats to
the stuff I have, which is all just so much sweetness and light.
Christianna

elines+.sh
tml

Which gets the FDA to consider sugar labeling.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/fda_sugarlabeling.html

And draws the response from the Sugar Association that the CSPI figures are
misleading and that even the CSPI report admits that, "The actual amount
people consume is considerably less."  SAI places sugar consumption at 64
lbs per person, based on a USDA study.

http://www.sugar.org/scoop/pressreleaseMay25.html

http://www.sugar.org/scoop/consumption.html

So take your pick.