SC - American sugar consumption

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 14:54:45 PDT 2001

- --- Christine Seelye-King <kingstaste at mindspring.com>
wrote:
> 	The figures I use in my class are more like 125
> pounds per person per year,
> and 16 pounds of artificial sweeteners per person
> per year.  I'm not sure
> where the folks that wrote the text got those exact
> figures, but in doing
> research on sugars, I have run across similar stats.
> Christianna

125 pounds of sugar, PER PERSON, per year?????  Hell,
that would be 500 pounds of sugar used in my house
ALONE!  Not bloody likely, to be sure!  Maybe the
folks who put these stats together only interviewed
sugar junkies....

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."