SC - Re: OT - Nagging doubts re tomato soup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Apr 28 13:49:37 PDT 2001

Diana wrote:

> [...]

I don't remember the name of the SL/CS, except that it was somewhere
between the courts/government office building area and the Greyhound bus
depot (I _think_ that was how I travelled on that occasion). I recall
the owner and chef being a very pleasant, clean-cut Harley-Davidson
enthusiast, and there was really nothing very sleazy about his
establishment at all. I think perhaps I may have reacted a bit badly to
seeing Binghamton, an obvious "city", with deserted streets during the
day. Presumably everybody was in some office or other nearby, but I
found it a little unnerving. I think you'll have to agree this is quite
different from New York City in most locations. I quite like the town,
though, overall, especially Sharkey's (which I might also be tempted to
describe as sleazy, with no disrespect intended), and the millionaire's
home converted into a museum.

I'll see if my brother responds positively to my description and query
about this tomato-soup Mecca... he lives in Conklin, in the former
summer "mansion" of the Johnson family, as in Johnson &.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com