SC - Re: OT - Nagging doubts re tomato soup

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Sat Apr 28 14:17:12 PDT 2001

Adamantius wrote:
> I'll see if my brother responds positively to my description and query
> about this tomato-soup Mecca... he lives in Conklin, in the former
> summer "mansion" of the Johnson family, as in Johnson &.

  Ya know...for food content - There is a lovely little 'town' not far from
Binghamton called Endwell.  Polish peoples settled the town, and they have a
fundraiser for the church (at Easter time) of selling home made pierogis.
Now, you have to envision this:  about 50 women of all ages, huddled around
tables in the church basement/kitchen making about 100 to 200 pierogi's each
per hour.  They are sold by the dozen - and all of them are actually sold!
My favourites were the onion/potato.

BTW - I have family still living in Conklin - and Kirkwood across the river
:-)

Diana d'Avignon