SC - Peeps - OT

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 17:28:02 PDT 2001

>Ummmm..... at the risk of sounding guache and non-American :-p
>
>What the heck are Peeps????
(SNIP)_
>Are these some sort of Marshmellow type sweeties??
>
>Inquiring Australian sugar-nuts want to know!!! :-p
>
>mari

Yup, you got it. I find them utterly revolting and think that the
only good use would be in a peep shoot. YYMV.

They have all sorts of seasonal variations. They started out as
"peeps" because they are flat marshmallow yellow chickies. They make
them in other shapes and colors now. Without any socially redeeming
value, IMNSHO.

Anahita
peeps are only slightly better than "circus peanuts" (gag). Do they
still make them? I hope not.

I did eat a couple toasted marshmallows at March Crown. I may be a
curmudgeon, but my consort toasted them to perfection, so how could i
refuse? And when they weren't perfect, he ate them :-)