SC - Not eating cute furry animals

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Fri Apr 6 03:15:57 PDT 2001

> record...It was simply about people who hassle you for eating ANY king of
> meat.

Funny... I was a vegetarian for 12 years, and still don't eat much meat
(and I'm damned picky about the source of what I do eat.)  In all that
time, I never *once* heard a vegetarian hassle anybody.

On the other hand, I was hassled constantly by "friends", complete
strangers, family members.  If I ever dared to *defend* myself, or
truthfully answer people who asked me why I didn't eat meat, I got
hassled further.

So, I have to wonder, Gyric, if the "hassle" that you're talking about
getting from vegetarians was really frustrated answers to rude questions
and snide remarks (not that all questions about vegetarianism are
necessarily rude - but in practice, an awful lot of them are.)

- -Magdalena