SC - Re: Not eating cute fuzzy animals

Barbara Sall socha at epix.net
Fri Apr 6 06:29:24 PDT 2001

I do not object to what people choose and do not choose to eat, wear or
anything else.  It may not be my choice and I will mention it to my husband
later, but as a rule I will not hassle anyone about his or her choice.
Cynthia, our daughter, gets to choose, but we will explain to her why the
choice is wrong, if it is wrong, and to choose something else.  When I draw
the line is when people try and force their choices on other people.  My
Mother and I were having lunch together in a Chinese restaurant.  Another
couple came in after us and that couple and us were the only customers in
the restaurant.  They were vegetarians and they spent the entire meal
discussing in voices meant to be heard, whether the shrimp in Mom's meal was
in the same class as my chicken.  Needless to say that ruined a very nice
mother daughter meal.
I have had Canada goose, rabbit, deer and many varieties of seafood.
Caviar, eels, octopus, squid and raw fish are the only things I have trouble
with the thought of eating.  I have tried caviar and it is not my first
choice in food.
Kirsten of Blak Rose