Serving (practically) non-existing food (was: SC - Re: Not eating cute furry animals)

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Mon Apr 9 04:33:39 PDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> > whims that all feasts should have meat and potatoes. (The whims were
> > published in the April Pikestaff.)

Any particular date in April? Perfect setup for ignoring it. "Hones',
yer Maj'sty, I was dead certain it was a joke. Imean, 'taters..."

> I wonder if this is going to be one of those "third reign" kind of
> reigns... <sigh>

If I was ever put into that situation I would happilly ignore it, hoping
to be called up for it. Then I would tell them that I *did* try. I sent
off a message to my mothers cousin Bjarni in Iceland, and he, realizing
the importance, set sail as soon as he could. Talking his crew out of
mutiny, fighting the natives all down the coast from Marklan. Finally he
reached the Great Green River, and followed it upwards, getting his crew
to row upstream in water filled with monsters that looked like logs but
could kill a man, schools of fish that cleaned all the flesh off the
body of one man in minutes, and finally abandoning his ship when he
reached the foothills of the mountains. To make a long story short, he
finally made it back, with one of the fabeled potatoes. Unfortunately it
was somewhat worse for wear after him having carried it inside his tunik
as he walked from the mountains where he obtained it to Markland, where
he and the survivors of his crew built a new ship and set sail. And I
simply will _not_ serve the King something that the pigs would reject as
unfit to eat, so I burned it.

Actually, I would probably get someone who is better att telling tall
tales to tell of his epic journey.

/UlfR

- --
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
An entry from a local deny table posted to n.a.n-a.e:
          "573 - mail refused, your ISP is too stupid to connect to me"