SC - baklava/Passover served

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 13:36:27 PDT 2001

- --part1_aa.13a872c7.2803774b_boundary

I wanted to post to the list that I went to Passover for the first time and
they served Passover Baklava made with sweet wine soaked Matza cracker. There
was no butter in it...and I'm not sure what they used instead to bind it (I'm
getting the receipe from cook)...but it was *wonderful* and delicious...and I
carted home several pieces.

The cracker didn't detract from it all, and I realized as I ate it  I had it
once before in Iran in same style and never realized it. In fact, it was that
way with the whole meal. I realized that I must have attended Passover with
our Jewish Armenanian landlords and never realized it. It was like a major
homecoming feeling for me. I giggled out loud at each course....

Lars

- --part1_aa.13a872c7.2803774b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ff80c0"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">I wanted to post to the list that I went to Passover for the first time and
<BR>they served Passover Baklava made with sweet wine soaked Matza cracker. There
<BR>was no butter in it...and I'm not sure what they used instead to bind it (I'm
<BR>getting the receipe from cook)...but it was *wonderful* and delicious...and I
<BR>carted home several pieces.
<BR>
<BR>The cracker didn't detract from it all, and I realized as I ate it  I had it
<BR>once before in Iran in same style and never realized it. In fact, it was that
<BR>way with the whole meal. I realized that I must have attended Passover with
<BR>our Jewish Armenanian landlords and never realized it. It was like a major
<BR>homecoming feeling for me. I giggled out loud at each course....
<BR>
<BR>Lars</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_aa.13a872c7.2803774b_boundary--