SC - 15th century Italian cookbooks

Thu Apr 12 13:46:18 PDT 2001

I just did a quick search and remembered why the name was familiar.
Federico de Montefeltro was one of the leading generals of his day.  He was
also a major patron of the arts and sciences and collected one of the finest
libraries of the 15th Century.  One of his portraits depicts him in full
armor reading a book.  It is my understanding that Duke Federico's library
is still intact and maintained in Urbino.

Bear