SC - Green Almonds - challenge

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:02:28 PDT 2001

<DIV></DIV>> > Anyone know what you do with green almonds? What they are is the unripe
<DIV></DIV>> > almond fruit, the seed to be is a clear jelly in the middle.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Yup, remember those. They can be eaten raw in salads, also when lightly
<DIV></DIV>>blanched, pickled like green walnuts, and they make a very respectable
<DIV></DIV>>compost like the ones found in the Forme of Cury and in Le Menagier
<DIV></DIV>>(okay, the Menagier version has the steeped immature nuts, but you can
<DIV></DIV>>parboil them like the other ingredients in the FoC version, and proceed
<DIV></DIV>>with that version to get a final product that is pretty similar to the
<DIV></DIV>>Menagier version). (If that makes any sense. You're not the only one in
<DIV></DIV>>need of some tea.)
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Adamantius
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I lack access to FoC and LM, are these recipes in the Florilegium?  ( I be they are.  I'll drag myself over there and look. )</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>