SC - OOP - "White List" question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 14 06:23:07 PDT 2001

I skipped over this message the first time around, because I don't
garden.  The National Invasive Species Council has a website at:

http://www.invasivespecies.gov/
There you can access the full text of past and pending legislation
related to invasive species.  As Cassea's mother commented, the
legislation seems to be mostly concerned with invasive weeds.

Balthazar asked:
> Has anyone heard anything about the National Invasive
> Species Council's "White List"?  From what I can
> gather, it is a proposal (at this stage) to form a
> list of approved, non-invasive species of plants,
> which would prohibit the cultivation, propogation and
> importation of any other plant NOT on the list.  The
> papers I have read on it have been pretty one-sided
> (maybe justifiable), and I have not yet been able to
> access the actual, official government documents.
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net