SC - Anti meat sympathies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 16 03:48:14 PDT 2001

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/15/2001 11:09:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> > Not a source, exactly, but it should be noted that most werewolf legends
> >  appear to be based on the idea, rightly or wrongly, that wolves _will_
> >  attack humans when they're starving. I seem to recall reading something
> >  about this in a book, recently written, about the Little Ice Age of the
> >  13th-19th centuries.
> >
> >  Adamantius
>
> No doubt you're right. Sharks will also tear people apart in a feeding
> frenzy, but the majority of sharks will bite and then back off, we don't
> "taste" right according to the experts <G>. Of course these "bites" are
> hardly playful nibbles, and others in the area might be curious too....
>
> Corwyn

There may also be a difference between "majority of cases",
"statistically [in]significant", "common", and simply "not unheard of".
Think how embarrassing/ironically amusing it would be to be attacked and
eaten by wolves, after believing so long it was impossible. I guess it's
the same with sharks; whether we taste wrong or not, enough people have
been maimed or killed (hey, sharks have small brains) that it has to be
a concern. I mean, if I were a can of Coke, how much reassurance would
it be to me to know that I taste terrible and no American in his right
mind would open and drink me? ;  )

I guess the point that I was trying to make was that there is animal
behavior for normal circumstances, and then there is abnormal behavior
for abnormal circumstances, but that normal circumstances are sometimes
a pretty tight window.

What was that song in that Kids In The Hall routine?

"Skura... Skura... Skura The Gentle Shark,
Skura... Skura... He's a killer with a broken heart...
Don't blame him... He blames himself!
Don't hate him... He hates himself!
Skura..."

Adamantius (pre-tea and unable to remember own name but full of stupid
lyrics)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com