SC - "Fake" ypocras

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Apr 16 23:20:10 PDT 2001

Ok- if I may backtrack a little-

The reason I'm looking for a 'fake' ypocras or somthing similar is
because we will be hosting a bardic circle in our camp- but one where
alcohol is not welcome. We are trying to rpovide a healthier atmosphere,
particularly for the teenagers, so they can have something fun to do
without getting into trouble or feeling left out while the adults are
playing yet another round of Tablero or the time-honored 'here I made
this stuff of Everclear and cherry cough syrup- you'll love it!'.

But we would liek to have warm drinks available, to be hospitable and
help maintain the congenial atmosphere you normally see at a bardic
fire. Regina has been planning to heat cider, and we were talking about
ypocras without the kick. Nothing too fancy, just ideas that people will
enjoy while telling tall tales and singing songs.

'Lainie
who plans to tell a couple of the more entertaining tales from Master
Chaucer's Canterbury Collection...