SC - earning awards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Apr 17 09:14:04 PDT 2001

The good news here is that no one seemed to resent it at all...or if they did, they
didn't seem to have the courage...or foolhardiness...to mention it in my presence!  As
I said...normally we would have allowed a little time to pass between awards, but in
this case, as he had only a few weeks to live...and as we had planned to give it to
him anway 3 months later at Pennsic, we simply moved our plans forward a bit.

I would not give an award to someone who was handicapped out of sympathy, mainly
because it would be an insult to that person.  Most handicapped folks don't want
considerations to which they are not entitled, and regard such as demeaning and
patronizing.

But thanks for your kind statements about me....I appreciate them!

Kiri