SC - RE: Special needs

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Tue Apr 17 14:17:51 PDT 2001

I've seen ladies brought up
> for knighthood because "they did pretty good for a girl".

I hate that condescending attitude that a lot of women fighters get from
some male fighters.  I remember from my second time in armor (right before I
dislocated and fractured the left kneecap) that the best praise I got from
Sir Aveloc the Younger was "You don't hit like a girl."  I grew up with a 9
1/2 month-younger brother (he was 3 weeks early) and we competed like
twins -- being the oldest and smartest, I usually won . . . until he hit a 6
inches-in-6 months growth spurt and developed a longer reach than me.

I loved heavy fighting and the adrenaline rush that came with it.  Since I
can't do that anymore, I plan to take up combat archery (with knee braces)
and rapier.

Raoghnailt