SC - Ebay listing for Platina

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 18 16:33:40 PDT 2001

Christine Seelye-King wrote:

> > While browsing eBay this afternoon I stumbled across the
> > following auction:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1424840760
> > It purports to be a period copy of Platina..
>
> Ok, even if it isn't a gen-ewe-ine period copy, $1.00 is cheap.  Unless of
> course the SCA cook's list manages to up the bidding to his recorded price
> of $1,700.00 +.  Let's just agree to let one person bid on it, and then let
> us know, ok?
> Christianna

It purports to be a 1530 edition. I have it on my watch list, but have
not yet bid on it (probably for the same reasons most of us haven't).
It's currently going for around $12 US, but that was an hour or two ago,
and I don't believe the unspecified reserve has been met. I hate that...
what ever happened to the old, "Bidding will start at $5000," ?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com