SC - Profit was Opinions?

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 19 13:54:52 PDT 2001

> Our you well off enough to host Coronation or Crown Tourney and have it be a
> Free event?  We had a Barony do that with a Coronation back in 1999. Took a
> hefty chunk of their bank account do it. But they felt bad having such a
> large bank Account.  It is a good idea to make at least small profit. Large
> $1000 dollar or more profits are ludicrous and obscene. You charged too much
> for site or feast if that is the case.   Remember that Ealdormere is still a
> toddler kingdom you might be walking now but lean times could set in.
> always good to have a cushion when that happens.

The East had a suggestion for all local groups: keep enough money in your bank account to
cover TWICE the costs of your largest event, in case two events go bad on you in a row.

There are other factors, too. If the site fee is large but you expect a large number of
people IF it doesn't storm and almost no-one if there is a storm, what do you do? Risk
losing thousands of dollars? Overcharge so that you break even if there is a storm? Or
pick a point in the middle and find something to do with the profit you may make?

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net