SC - SCA land/Bingo

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Apr 19 23:41:57 PDT 2001

Olaf commented:
>  Well the
> reason the SCA was running a Bingo game was to put money into their Building
> Fund.  It seems that as a NPO we qualify to host Bingo & make a profit from
> it that goes toward the goal of buying./building a site for the SCA.  They
> have raised over $200K in about 2 years if I remember correctly.

This is the first that I think I've heard of this particular SCA land
fund. They are doing quite well for only being in action two years. I
think the largest is the West Kingdom land fund, but they've been at
it for quite some time. Last I'd heard they were on the verge of buying
some land, but they had trouble with various nearby landowners.

I've never heard this angle of Bingo games being used before. It might
be worth looking into for other land funds. I imagine you can get some
businesses to donate prizes. Or are these Bingo games money only for
prizes? Obviously, I've never been to one of these gambling bingo games.

For a bit more on various land fund efforts, see this file in the
SCA-INC section of the Florilegium:
SCA-land-msg      (29K)  1/28/00    SCA owned land ideas. West and
Trimaris Land
                                       Funds.

I'd love to have more information from someone who is "in the know"
about this particular land fund to add to this file.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net