SC - Profit was Opinions?

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Apr 20 06:48:56 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "RANDALL DIAMOND" <ringofkings at mindspring.com>
To: "SCA COOKS-LIST" <SCA-Cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: SC - Profit was Opinions?

> Sorry so many of y'all have problems finding reasonable
> sites in the Big Apple and other large Metros.  However,
> remember you choose to live there.  YOU can take a
> average weeks' pay and come down to Tennessee and
> vaction for two weeks; where OUR average weeks' pay
> would last MAYBE a day up in New York City.
>
> Prices however for sites ARE rising everywhere.  In Meridies,
> we have two event sites owned and built specifically for SCA
> use of surrounding groups....

This is so cool.

I forgot one thing too. In the northern part of Eladormere there is a
mead hall being built using (I beleive) structural likenesses to a saxon
building. We have the frame up but thats it. It is taking a while as
this is a hobby for the builders and there are generally only 3-4
"regulars" toiling away. Me, I just feed them.

Micaylah

 There is Camp Arnold in middle
> Alabama and my Glaedenfeld Centre Project in middle Tennessee.
> IMO, this is where the future of the SCA will be headed unless
> the whole concept is forced to transform itself to a cheaper
> mode of operation before enough SCA friendly sites can be
> built.  Glaedenfeld Centre will seat 350-400 at table in the hall and
> has 50 acres under development (as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation)
> to support organized nonprofit re-enactment organizations like the
> SCA.   Looks like Glaedenfeld Centre may be gettting some large
> Kingdom level events next year as several persons are preparing
> bids to submit using our facilitites.  Hopefully we can get some
interest
> up for a small, friendly war next year too!  For those of you who
> attend Gulf Wars in March next year, Glaedenfeld Centre will be
> open both weekends to offer a halfway overnite site for travelers
> coming from the Northern kingdoms and traveling down I-65 to
> Gulf Wars.  We can provide facilities for those with horse trailers
> also.  The Centre is only 4 miles from exit 37 on I-65.
>
> As far as costs for Glaedenfeld Centre, our user fees run on average
> $1.00 plus $1.00 per day per person.  Hopefully this will be
considered
> "reasonable".
>
> Akim Yaroslavich
> "No glory comes without pain"