SC - Profit was Opinions?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Apr 20 10:12:18 PDT 2001

micaylah wrote:

> I totally agree with this but I doubt "lean times" could actually occur.

Don't count on it.  Our barony has been around for over 10 years.  We've had the
occasional money-loser, but nothing really spectacular until last fall.  We had
an event that everyone we talked to said they were coming to.  Unfortunately,
all it was was talk....We bought food for a little less then the number we were
expecting because we know that some are just talk.  However, as it turned out,
most of the people who had promised to come (some very good friends who had
pushed us to have this event again) didn't come.  We lost a bunch of money.  To
the point now that we would be strapped to front the money for an event!  We are
co-sponsoring Atlantia's XXth Year celebration in the hope that the profits will
be enough to put is comfortably in the black again...by which I mean that we
have money to front our next event...and to cover baronial expenses like the
newsletter, etc.

So....don't get too comfortable!

Kiri