SC - Re: Bingo

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Fri Apr 20 13:27:58 PDT 2001

This is are in reply to a couple of questions on the subject of Bingo.

> From: "Morgan Cain" <morgancain at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - Profit was Opinions? - WARNING
>
> Olaf mentioned Bingo as a way to make money.  WARNING!!!!
> Bingo, raffles, lotteries, and the like are regulated state-by-state.  The
> rules and requirements are different in every state.  BE SURE TO CHECK
THEM
> AHEAD OF TIME.  You do not want to have a great fundraiser, and then lose
> all the money to fines because you forgot a permit or gave the wrong thing
> as a prize.
>                                         ---= Morgan

    So true!  What is being done in several States is that there are
profesionaly managed Bingo Halls that need NPO's to "sponser" games &
provide volenteers to do the work with the cost of the hall & equipment
rental all as a package.  State laws vary but I have seen this type of Bingo
Hall in FL, CO & NH.  It is worth checking it out since most States with
Lotteries appear to have used the same template for their Bingo laws.

> Subject: SC - SCA land/Bingo
>
> I've never heard this angle of Bingo games being used before. It might
> be worth looking into for other land funds. I imagine you can get some
> businesses to donate prizes. Or are these Bingo games money only for
> prizes? Obviously, I've never been to one of these gambling bingo games.
> - --
> THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

    It is a cash prize deal in most States that have Bingo Halls.  I don't
know the split or rental cost.  Maybe Lady Serian can put us in touch with
THL Johann who is in charge of the Fund?  I have lost his edress.
Hej!
Olaf