SC - Profit was Opinions?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Apr 24 09:38:34 PDT 2001

No, dearest Stefan, we don't have a lot of folk in our barony.  We usually run
around 25-30...just enough to be legal.  I guess we have more on paper, but several
don't play in our group, but rather in other groups or only at the Kingdom level.
This makes it difficult.  So, even if every single member of our barony reserved to
attend, we would only have 25 or so reservations.   Even if the site fee were $10,
that would still only be $250 toward a cost for the site of $325!

Stefan wrote:

But your group is a barony? Wouldn't you have several times that many

> reservations from your baronial members alone? I'd think even in a
> shire, if the group took a vote and decided they were going to do an
> event that there would be more than 10 prepaid reservations.
>
> I'll admit that I am used to being in a barony with over a hundred paid
> members, plus the family and non-paying folks. So maybe I've got a
> skewed idea of things.

So yes, there probably would have been more than ten reservations, but they hadn't
come in...and we didn't want to run the risk of going in the "hole" without the
funds to cover the overage!

Kiri