SC - RE: Menu & recipes - was on table menus

Wed Apr 25 06:55:59 PDT 2001

While I like the idea of recipe booklets, I am less enamored with them as
feast tokens, because they are relatively large and being of paper can be
easily damaged in inclement weather.

I printed 200+ of the booklets privately and donated them to the feast.  I
know there are copies in at least 5 kingdoms.

Which leads us to a small aside.  In early March, Margaret and I attended
the graduation of some friends at the Culinary Institute of American in Hyde
Park.  While we were dining in one of the restaurants at the CIA, one of our
party asked the waiter (a student at the CIA) for one of the recipes.  As a
joke, the waiter said he would trade the recipe for one of ours.  I had a
copy of the feast booklet in the car, so I brought it in and traded him.

Bear