SC - Small baronies, was Profit was Opinions?

Gwynnydd Of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 08:05:10 PDT 2001

- -----Original Message-----
From: Morgana

>>> when it comes to events like feasts ... we need to have everyone paying.
If we waive the cook(s) and the servers, we've waived practically
everyone... All participate: cooking, serving, entertaining, setting up and
cleanup, each to their strengths and abilities. It's how small groups must
approach events in general if they are to survive. It doesn't take too many
spectators to bankrupt a small group, both financially and spiritually. <<<

I probably should have mentioned in my earlier post that this logic applies
to Ynys Fawr too.  As well, while some people do spend the entire feast in
the kitchen (or just too busy to eat like the Steward), a lot of other
"kitchen staff" do not.  When servers are needed in the kitchen a call goes
out in the hall and a flood of people usually answers the call.  They serve
the dish to which they have been assigned (having left instructions with
those on their table to make sure their bowl is filled with whatever comes
by), take the serving dish back into the kitchen, and then go and eat their
meal.

Gwynydd