SC - pot luck/buffet feasts

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 26 14:52:13 PDT 2001

> In general, I agree with you Sieggy, especially with pot luck type
> feasts such as my barony does at it's Yule Revel. My experience has
> been that the first third of the line gets lots of choices and lots
> of good food, the second third gets most choices and a reasonable
> amount of food, but the last third gets only the 'leftover' dishes
> and little of the choice food items.

One way to get around this is the way that regular food service often
does: buffet with servers at each food. Ellesbeth Donofrey instituted this
in our group and we found that it works fairly well in terms of people
actually getting the food. Of course, you have to give the servers a
really good idea of what constitutes a portion. (We don't generally do
buffet though, I suspect because it tends to add to the non-eating,
non-having-fun time in the feast.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net