OT - Nagging doubts re tomato soup - was, Re: SC - American sugar consumption

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Sat Apr 28 04:17:01 PDT 2001

Sugar to take the bitters off Tomatoes, yup done that.
But trying to eat Manhattan style Clam Chow'dah, well all I can think of
"There's something injured in there. And the fix is .... to stop digging the
clams out of the East River...." [ that line came from a 'folk song' group
called Schooner Fair, Portsmouth, Maine] . To me its just Tomato/Veggie soup
with Clams, can't be called Chow'dah ... can't stand a spoon *up* in it.
Ru