SC - yogurt Cheese 101?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 15:54:37 PDT 2001

In a message dated 4/29/01 1:48:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
solstice at moscow.com writes:

<< Now, I am wondering if anyone else here has played with what must be a
introductory and basic cheese making method that I am just now getting into
:)  >>

I have made this for period middle eastern feasts. Mixing mashed garlic into
it after it has drained. I'm sure Stefan or someone on the list has the
recipe I posted on this list. The longer you leave the yogurt drain, the
firmer the finished product. I believe the source of the recipe is either
al-Baghdadi or the Book of the Beloved.

Ras