SC - Aw, the Joys of the Florilegium -OT

Robyn Gessner robyn999 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 18:47:25 PDT 2001

Reminds me of a kind of funny story...
I have a friend who went to New Guinea on vacation, and she was invited to
dine with a local family.  Well, she walked into the place, and immediately
started cooing over the guinea pigs huddled in the far corner of the main
room.  The lady of the house politely, but firmly asked her NOT to make
friends with the guinea pigs, as they would be part of the evenings repast,
and were not pets.
Needless to say, my friend was hard-pressed to clean her plate that evening!

Reyne (who, after hearing guinea pigs squeal over anything and everything,
couldn't imagine having a herd of them living in the kitchen!)