SC - Aw, the Joys of the Florilegium -OT

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Apr 4 07:14:07 PDT 2001

> > A high school girl wore a knit wool sweater to
> > school one cold day.
> > She was accosted by another girl, who cried out at
> > the cruelty of it
> > all, "Don't you know how many sheep died to make
> > your sweater?!?!"
> Yeah...she's the kind of girl who would say "Do you
> know how many Nagas had to die to make that Nagahide
> recliner?!?"

You know, I never really realized how lucky those of us who were in school around the
Bicentennial were. Remember all those classes and demonstrations on colonial crafts?
Social Geography (as opposed to memorizing places) is out of favor too... I wonder where
they would put 'how wool sweaters are made' into the curriculum?

(The mother of one of my boyfriends grew up in Brooklyn. Until she was 8, she believed
that cows were a myth made up by milk-marketing ad agencies. When she moved to Ohio, she
saw a rabbit in the yard  and spent the afternoon trying to find out who it belonged to.)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The worst thing I can say of a person is, 'they couldn't be bothered'."