SC - Re: Circus Peanuts and an Announcement

Gwynydd of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 4 10:03:47 PDT 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  'Lainie

> Congratulations, Gwynydd!

*smile* Thanks - but in truth the congratulations belong to the lovely Lady
Catherine of Colchester (my Lady) who finally talked me into it *grin*.  Of
course now it is my favourite topic of conversation - she said that she knew
that if she could just get me to agree I would become obsessed with it
*smile* - she knows me too well.

> 'Circus Peanuts' aren't peanuts, and I don't think you can make
>them at home

Oh, how disappointing - I rather thought that they might be a sort of toffee
(or related candy) covered peanut.  Not that we need such things when we
will have fairy floss!  (Cotton candy to those in the US, I understand - but
that doesn't sound nearly as appropriate *smile*.)

> Real boiled peanuts, OTOH, might be what you are looking for...

I have to say that the idea of boiled peanuts seems to me less than
compelling.  I like my peanuts with a bit of crunch - don't even much like
them cooked into a curry, although I won't spit them out and I will add
peanuts in the cooking - my Lady likes them.  I do prefer them roasted or
whatever and sprinkled on top.

Oh, someone suggested that candy corn is something they would associate with
the theme.  I have rather assumed that this is like what I know as Lolly
Gobble Bliss Bombs - roasted peanuts and popped corn with a toffee or
caramel coating separated and allowed to set?  If it isn't, what on earth is
it?  *smile* - one of these days I am going to start work on my Foodstuffs
Translated webpage idea.  So many things are known by at least 2, and
sometimes more, names.

Lady Gwynydd of Culloden