SC - OT-Peeps

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 08:50:21 PDT 2001

OK, so we tried the Peep S'mores. Not bad at all, at all.  Too rich to eat a lot of
it, unless you're six years old.  Whee!  Toasting a peep was definately a good idea,
the sugary coating makes for a piquant crunch.  Jared came home with three kinds of
Valhrona, 55% sweet, 70% bittersweet and bitter.  We used the middle one, in shavings
rather than bars because it was all in block form.

Peer S'mores nearly did happen.  Æddie put a lot of chocolate on mine, some of which
dripped on my shirt.  Quoth my lord husband:  "I have one word for you -- APRON!"
Whereupon I wailed that it wasn't my fault, I was not cooking at the time.

We also did a quick tutorial on Scotch Eggs, including what happens when somebody
gets too eager and takes them out too soon.  Uncooked sausage in the middle is not
yummy.  Also, we had extra sausage meat and looked around for something to put in it,
what other eggs do we have around here?  Salmon eggs?  Okay.  I think Jared is the
only one who actually ate these and liked them.