SC - Medieval Hummus

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Apr 5 18:25:48 PDT 2001

As an aside, year before last, we had planned on using premade hummus,
but it thawed prematurely and went sort of green, so we made this in its
place. It was amusing seeing Rob and I sitting at the table in the camp
pounding walnuts to make the sal with. We had fun, even though it was a
bit of effort. I think everybody was pleased by the result - I know they
didn't leave any leftovers of it ;-) It was interesting, and I wouldn't
mind making it again, but using a proper mortar and pestle instead of
ziploc bags and discharged propane cylinders!
margali
- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com