OT - Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3085

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 11 08:26:32 PDT 2001

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> UlfR wrote:

> > ObSCA-Cooks: Appulmoy
> > (http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/FoC083small.html). Any ideas of what
> > whay it was served. A dessert? Sauce for meat?
>
> I'd think of it as a side dish for meat. Probably the thing to do is
> find out where it occurs in menus.

Last time I made it, it came out as a rather thick applesauce, and was
immediately dubbed to be one of the many medieval 'Calvin foods'- you
know, the glop on Calvin's plate that he frequently has to beat into
submission? You expect tentacles to come crawling out...

IIRC, it shows up in the cookbooks with other vegetable-based side
dishes. Glop. Delicious glop, but glop nonetheless...

'Lainie