SC - workshops

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Fri Apr 13 12:15:19 PDT 2001

I thought I'd chip in on the disussion of workshops, etc.

In our section of the Adrian Empire we have quite a few arts workshops and some of our best cooks are the also the best fighters :)  We have culinary, herbal, and brewing arts competitions each month as part of our regular tournaments of skills. Since there are knighthoods in the Empire of Adria for arts and sciences, we have a lot of interest in these sorts of workshops.  The fun thing about culinary arts are that you get to share and taste all the goodies!  It makes our tourney potluck
feasts quite fun to be eating everyones' entries!

Some of the workshops we do:

Fruit and berry picking then using the picked goodies in recipes
Beginning wine making, mead making, etc
Spices of the Old world (Europe, east, etc)
Spices of the New world (spices and stuff brought over after exploration from Americas)
Traditional Incenses
Hikes to gather and use growing herbs, plants, and etc.
Campfire cooking
Medieval fishing, hunting, and gathering (Woodsman skills)
Historic Medicinal plants
Herbal Medicinal vinegars/salves (but we only MAKE the safe ones!)
Candlemaking, soapmaking.
Animal husbandry

I look forward to hearing some of the great ideas you guys have done for future ideas for us to do too :)

Lady Aleska
Duchess of Caerleon of the Adrian Empire
solstice at moscow.com