SC - Anti meat sympathies

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 15 08:04:20 PDT 2001

Is that ture of all populations, though?  I am not well-read on this and rely on your and others' knowledge.  My "6-pack Wisdom" is that the peoples originating in place with snow on the ground for half the year (Alaska, Norway, Upper Canada, Northern Asia) were not so agricultural as the equatorial peoples.  I pieced together the idea that they had a predominantly animal based diet.

Certainly the temperate climate gave possibilites to create agriculture and feed many more people than hunting/gathering.  That's how population grew, I am just forced to believe that not ALL lineages are equally physiologically disposed to process an agrarian diet with occasional tastes of animal proteins.

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Large populations appear to originate with permanent settlement related togrowing cereals.  Until fairly recently, bread and beer were the staples of
civilization augmented by meat and vegetables.

Bear