SC - special needs OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Apr 16 00:22:26 PDT 2001

grizly at mindspring.com wrote:

> Free access doesn;t always mean however one wants to do it whenever one wants to do it.  If you are referring to Youth Combat adoption in your kindom, that is often different from 'boffer playing'.  Unless there are regulations in the Kingdom Law or Corpora regarding this play your child wishes to engage in, then you have grounds to actively pursue through the officers responsible for such things the allowance of your child's play.  If it isn't worth the effort, then maybe the organized sport will be enjoyable for him.  I hope you do find resolution.

I think perhaps you missed the point- there is no more 'play'- the
over-regulation has eliminated it. You can't just 'play' in camp
anymore, you can only boffer with 'approved' weapons and marshals. (I
live in the same area- I know exactly what she's talking about) We
aren't talking about organized sport- but the equivalent of a kid
playing in his backyard with friends. Only now he can't play in the
backyard with friends- the rules say he can only play on the
schoolground with the teacher watching.

If my son came into camp complaining that the big kids hit too hard, I'd
tell him not to play with the big kids. I don't go off to tell the big
kids they have to change how they are playing to suit my son. Nor do I
tell their parents that they can't let their kids play their way in
their camp.

Heck- I do that that they might tell me how to cut my cuskynoles!

'Lainie