SC - RE: Special needs

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 15:20:42 PDT 2001

- --part1_6c.9ac12b4.280e1bba_boundary

In a message dated 4/17/01 3:16:46 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

> . When someone gets a
> Peerage, there are always some folks who think, "They didn't get it
> because they deserved it, they just got it because they're a friend
> of so-and-so."
>
> Anahita

Quite true. I had to dress someone down the other day who was moaning about
how so and so got their AOL, and all they are is the child of a peer. *She*
(the complainer) had been a member for 8 months and had worked her butt off
at 2 events. I jumped in with..."Really? And you know he (the child) is 12
years old and has been working in SCA stuff for 7 years. He has taught at 2
youth collegiums, cleaned and served at 12 feasts, participated in 7 A&S
events, and done things as unwelcome to most as checking the privies for
toilet paper at the war, and cleaning up garbage off the fighting field at
night...."

Of course she apologized and said she wasn't aware of all that. I said, "Yep.
Next time try to find out before you spout off. Everything is one sided if
you don't know what you're talking about...."

Lars

- --part1_6c.9ac12b4.280e1bba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ff80c0"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 4/17/01 3:16:46 PM US Mountain Standard Time,