SC - RE. OOP Question for the Australians

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:11:26 PDT 2001

Stefan querried....

>So are pickles (pickled cucumbers) not common there? Maybe cucumbers
>don't grow well there? Or were they just not common on hamburgers?

Cucumbers grow fairly well here (Mmmmmmm cucumber sandwiches! ;-p) but the
adding of pickled items to the "Burger of Choice" is an import from the USA
[anybody else local remember the excitement when MacDonalds *actually*
opened locally?? - I seem to remember I was 6 and an invitee to one of the
*coolest* kid's parties of the day - you got it! Lunch at the Golden
Arches!!! Ahhh the mid-70's were such a fun time :-p)

>Sounds like that canned cranberry stuff that you get in the can here,
>that you slide out of the can and then slice for holiday meals. Blech.

Sorry - really can't picture this as *My* experience of cranberries is
soully limited to "Cranberry & ...." juice.  Are the actually berries like
cherries; and gooseberries; and blackberries?? (and *what* is the facination
with them - they taste really, really good OR are a cultural icon associated
with your Thanksgiving??)

>Thanks. Of course Stefan can always come up with more. :-)- --

Grin!!! Ask away my Dear - the answers may not be coherent but the Cultural
exchanges are fascinating {very, very glad that Mr Paul Hogan did not
mention "Pie Floaters" :-p}

Mari