SC - OT - Way OOP - "Pie Floaters"

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:42:55 PDT 2001

Oh me and my big mouth... :-p

Okay - I'm *told* that "Pie Floaters" are a Meat pie placed in a soup bowl
and covered with Pea soup.

It's one of those *cultural* dishes from Down South of Australia (Adelaide
or Melbourne???) and my ignorance on the topic was complete until Terry
Pratchet's Disc-world book "The Last Continent" was published [and the
thought of drowning a perfectly good meat pie in green pea soup still gives
me the shudders!!!].

Mari
(from Town of Brisbane, State of Queensland, AKA "Up North" Australia)

And thank you all for the Cranberry information - they sound yum in the
berry form! :-)