SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3117 - buying watermelon pickles

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 14:23:51 PDT 2001

But this is very very easy to do.  My roommate (mad for the melon) makes batches of it for me every year.  It's essenbtially a wet sucket -- you eat the melon, trim off the dark green side, cube it, sprinkle with kosher coarse salt, and let sit overnight.  Then you wash it off and simmer until translucent in a sugar syrup. Moderate addition of whole cloves, slivers of cinnamon stick, also good.  Specific weights etc must wait until I am home with some time to root out the cookbook, though...

Devra the baker