SC - Watermelon Pickles

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 23 20:08:42 PDT 2001

We always figured these were a version of "use everything but the squeal" --
you eat the melon and turn the rind into pickles.

Samples online:

    http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/recipes/8808.pickle.php
    http://www.ichef.com/golden-recipes/Preserves/37223.html

http://www.recipeusa.org/Pickles/Old%20Williamsburg%20Watermelon%20Pickle%20
%201499.htm
    http://soar.berkeley.edu/recipes/pickles/indexall.html
        (this page has LOTS of pickle recipes - look under "Pickled
Watermelon"
         as well as "Watermelon Pickle," and also see the ones for pickled
eggs

http://homecooking.miningco.com/food/homecooking/library/archive/blfruit25.h
tm
        (all watermelon recipes, and at least two for pickles)
    http://www.recipecenter.com/Recipe.asp?code=281278

I have not tried any of the above, I would go to an old cookbook that my
mother passed down..........

                                        ---= Morgan

"The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along
 so well is that they have a common enemy."
                                   ---= Sam Levenson