SC - Hodgepodge of recent culinary acquisitions

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 30 12:25:14 PDT 2001

Sigh, sounds like what I went through about a year ago.  You are spot-on about
the group of SCA and non SCA people and their varying points of view about what
is valuable.  Just be sure to have a strong "distribution team leader" to make
those touchy executive decisions, like who gets the good costumes.  We had a
SCA-savvy daughter who had the last word on everything.

Honestly, you can be sure that she would rather you and her other friends had
her goods than some stranger.  Just believe me on this, and think about how you
would feel.  And may we all have friends as loving and industrious as you when
we are in our dotage!

I have a serious envy going for the books.  That Time-Life series with the very
self-explanatory titles is very useful for teaching beginners, the step-by-step
photographs are exceptional.  But the ones that make my eyes really green are
the restaurant book and the virgin Larousse Gastronomique.  I collect restaurant
cookbooks in particular [amongst other sub-collections], and my L.G. is pretty
shabby.  I'll have to console myself by buying a new copy of Cariadoc's
collection or something. <sigh>

Selene